Want to get involved in your community? Are you retired and looking for something fun to do? Come join the fun and be a part of your community by volunteering with McLean Community Center. Volunteers 16 years and older are needed for multiple events throughout the year. Service hours are available to students upon request.
Volunteers help in the set-up and breakdown of events, as well as facilitating recreation activities and performing various aspects of event production. Ability to follow, comprehend and execute written and oral directions; ability to exercise good judgement in stressful situations; ability to maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards, ability to perform duties requiring manual dexterity, reaching, bending, stooping, turning, moving hands, arms, feet and legs, walking, standing 3 hours or more, and ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Volunteer Benefits for adults:
- Free admission to events
- Get involved in your community
- Free food coupons at selected events
- Volunteer T-shirts at selected events
- Volunteer Appreciation Socials
- Meeting New Friends and Neighbors
- Making McLean a better place to live, work and play!
Volunteer opportunities for 2018 are:
- Spring Fest - Saturday, March 31
- Spring Community Garage Sale – Saturday, April 14
- McLean Day Festival – Saturday, May 19
- Community Fireworks Celebration – Wednesday, July 4
- Fall Garage Sale - Saturday, September 15
- Harvest Happenings - Saturday, September 22
- McLean 5K - Saturday, October 6
- McLean PetFest - Saturday, October 27
Download the Volunteer Application form here.
Return the forms to McLean Community Center by:
Email - email@example.com
Mail - McLean Community Center, Special Events Department, 6631 Old Dominion Drive, McLean VA 22101.
For more information, contact, firstname.lastname@example.org, TTY: 711.
Volunteer at the Alden
Click HERE to find out more about volunteering for Alden Theater events.
Volunteer with the McLean Community Center (MCC) Governing Board:
Seeking dedicated district residents to run for the MCC Governing Board.