Instructor: Chef Joel Olson, Hemmachef
Monday: French Onion Soup Gratinée with Fresh Baked Baguettes | Chicken Roulade with Red Pepper, Basil and Citrus Boursin | Pommes Boulangére (French Potato Gratin) | Seasonal Vegetable Fricassee | White Chocolate Mouse Roulade with Mixed Berries
Tuesday: Tomato Bisque with Lemon Thyme Madeleines | Bifteck Hatche (French-Style Beef Patty with Onions and Thyme) | Fougasse (French Flatbread with Olives and Herbs) | Tartiflette (Cubed Potato and Cheese) | Tarte Tain with Cinnamon Créme Chantilly
Wednesday: Quiche Lorraine with Pate Brisee | Fish en Papillote with Fresh-Made Pasta | Sautéed Ratatouille Salad | Cremé Chantilly
Thursday: Tourin (French Garlic and Onion Soup with Roasted Garlic Boule) | Spinach and Parmesan Soufflés | Boeuf aux Carottes (Beef Stew with Carrots) | Chocolate and Strawberry Profiteroles
Friday: Flaminche aux Poireaux (Leek and Onion Pie) | Pain de Campagne (French Country Loaf) with Simple Garlic Confit | Boulettes de Porc with Caramelized Onion Sauce | Riz au Fromage (Rice with Cheese) | Sablee Breton (French Butter Cookies)
5 lessons @ 3 hrs, $390/$325 MCC district residents.
1351.119 M-F, 7/8-7/12 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Notes & Rules:
- All Culinary Art Camps are participation-based.
- Participants must be 8 years old by the start date of camp.
- Tenants of food safety and sanitation are discussed, practiced and followed.
- Menus are subject to change without notification.
- All food and materials are included in the cost.
- Participants must be able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Participants must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Participants must be able to focus on tasks to completion.
- Campers should wear short-sleeved shirts.
- No flip-flops or sandals are permitted; campers must wear close-toe shoes.
- Long hair must be pulled back or placed in a ponytail
- Wearing jewelry is not permitted.