The McLean Community Center is always looking for great volunteers. We have many opportunities for students and adults. If you would like to sign up to be a McLean Community Center volunteer, please download and fill out the Volunteer Application form. You can drop it off, send it to email@example.com or mail it in to us at: McLean Community Center, 1234 Ingleside Avenue, McLean VA 22101.
Types of Volunteer Opportunities
- Helping with admission to events
- Working in the face painting/temporary tattoos for kids areas
- Handing out programs or flyers at events
- Assisting vendor or exhibitor check-in at events
- Working as an usher at the Alden
- Helping with Family Bingo Nights
- Helping with set-up and/or clean-up at events
- Selling T-shirts or other merchandise at events
- Helping with kids’ activities
- Assisting with hospitality areas for vendors/volunteers/performers
- Becoming a member of the McLean Day Street Team
Some of the Volunteer Benefits
- Free admission to events and performances
- Free meal coupons at selected events
- T-shirts at selected events
- Community Service Hours
- Quarterly volunteer newsletter to keep you informed of the latest events and volunteer opportunities at MCC
- Making the McLean community a better place to live, work and play!
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
You can volunteer for upcoming events at the McLean Community Center by contacting Peggy Moore (703-790-0123) or sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org , indicate the event for which you'd like to volunteer. We look forward to working with you!
Friends of McLean Community Center
The Friends of MCC is a nonprofit organization that helps support the Center by soliciting tax deductible donations and providing needed volunteers.
Friends Have Helped Make Possible:
- Improved acoustics in the meeting rooms
- The banquet kitchen
- The Alden Theatre balcony
- Scholarship assistance for MCC programs
- The Teen Center and its programs
- Volunteer support
- MCC special events
- Funding for supplementary equipment
Membership contributions are tax-deductible. Individuals and businesses wishing to make additional contributions or anyone wanting more information on the Friends’ current projects, may call the Community Center at 703-790-0123.
For more information, visit the Friends of MCC website.
Fairfax County’s Employment Page